Consultation with GP(General Practitioner)
If you are visiting a GP in your area for ailments like cold, cough, fever etc, make sure that you do a survey with your friends about various clinics and their consultation charges. For general ailments listed above, it does not matter whether you go to a GP in HDB area or to a well known hospital. All matters is the Dr !
- Try to survey locally before heading towards hospital
- Mostly the charges are same in clinics operated near HDBs
- Try to visit the same Dr. always - it helps to build relationship and he/she knows the history well.
- Most of the clinics will provide medicines
- Avoid Antibiotics at first instance, as they are expensive.
Consultation with Specialist(e.g. Orthopedic, Skin, ENT etc)
Singapore hospitals are well equipped and world class facilities for all treatment services they are offering.
- Survey - post to Ezlink yahoo groups for recommendations before visiting Specialists Medical Professional
- check whether the cost if taken care off by your organization
- Before going for any long term treatment(e.g. physiotherapy), please check for alternatives
- Depends on the hospital/clinic
- $50 - $90 for Consultation
- $50 - $100 for Physiotherapy per session!
- Other treatments/Tests as prescribed
Powered by ScribeFire.